Yesterday I visited the first Israeli Maker faire in Jerusalem! This is my second visit to the maker faire (the first was in Las Vegas few months ago) and I was so glad that I visited:
The atmosphere was great, many people shared their projects, I wasn’t ready to qualify. and was surprised to find another project like mine (graffiti robot), I couldn’t get the maker’s detail maybe through here somehow. (he uses motors mounted on the wall, timing belts and a genuine Matlab software – as I started)
I also found our final engineering robot (that still works!) presented by Dr Amir Shapira, PowerUp, a great project, which is also a product is a motor and propeller for paper planes ! it is a kit that you can buy here and start to have fun. (by Shai Goitein)
and last – I joined a workshop of building a lamp from kitchen stuff, and here is my creation (that is actually being presented in the museum)
I want more traffic, and I want to draw logos for people and get that traffic.
so I though of posting a gig at Fiverr, ( a great platform for one priced services, 5$…)
They asked me to have a video with a human in it, and I didn’t want to show off my accent, so I asked a nice girl to read some text for me (costed me 5$…) an here I have – completely new presenter for KeerBot! can’t wait to see if it will effect the virality and traffic for the site. will update.
Currently waiting for my new logo (5$) and to see if the new edited video – not the one embedded here will be approved by Fiverr. cross fingers for me.
As I mentioned before – trying to draw art might be the route, so I asked the nice friends at “GarageGeeks” to lead me to some vector graphics (So I can draw with the robot) and I got few, links will be added into the “links page” soon.
So I asked KeerBot to draw a robot – the result was quite basic (like a kids draw), its for you to judge:
After the great week I had in the KeerBot project, I had to spend some time in the weekend to really implement all of the ideas I though during the week.
The main change I made is to transfer my bot from using timing belt to use wires and spools. There might be little decrease in the precision, but it lacks the need for counter weights for keeping the belt tightened which is a big advantage. So I tried using a fishing wire that was good in the term of strength but not good in elasticity (the robot jumped like a spring after each movement), I tried cotton wire (too thick) and finally found a wire from my wife’s sewing kit, (can bee seen in the picture).
I tried the supplied graphics within Dan’s project and learned a bit about canvas sizes and all – and even had a chance to load few graphics of my own.